Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Love wins.

I'm typically one that wants answers. 
I like to know why something is a certain way.
I like to understand the meaning behind life, and things, and people. 
I like to have everything figured out, with no questions, no doubt. 

And so for me to have faith in the God of the Universe--I've had to let go of having answers.
For me to understand the grace Jesus has given me--I've had to stop understanding why.
In order for me to trust in an all-loving, all-powerful, all-consuming God--I've had to experience lots of questions with lots of doubt.

And for me--doubts and questions and fears are not things that are here today and then gone tomorrow.
The things about God I questioned years ago, I still question.
The theology, the history, and the mystery of God's relentless love--sometimes I have a hard time beliving in those things. 

But there is faith. 
And hope. 
And love. 
But the greatest of these is love. 
And what I have learned and am continuing to learn is that love trumps all. 
When Jesus comes back and reveals Himself to us--there will be no more need for faith. Or hope. Because everything we have believed in will be reality. 
But love--love is eternal. It never ends. 
So when I doubt and lack faith and hope--the answer is to love.
Because love will last. 

I don't need to have everything figured out to love.
Love well.
Love hard. 
Love into the questions.
Love into the doubt.
Love into the insecurities.

I think one of the coolest things about love is that it's a choice. 
There's no one forcing us to love Jesus with all of hearts.
There's no one making us love our neighbor as ourself.
It's a choice.

Love wins. 
In fact, love has already won.
And choosing love is us saying that Jesus Christ will reign in our hearts--no matter the cost.

Love endures. 
It is merciful.
Love is grace.

I have found God's love the most in my life when I've just stopped.
Stopped trying to know evertying.
Stopped trying to plan my life just like I want it. 
Stopped asking questions.
Stopped demanding things. 

Love is most present in my life when I give up control.
When I say, "Yes, Jesus, Your love is enough."
Love is found in surrender. 
In living presently.

Love is knowing that He is enough. 
His love is enough. 
I don't need to have everything figured out to rest in that love.

My love towards God is not found in me knowing more, or doing more, or being the best person I can possibly be.
Love is knowing that I am flawed.
And messed up.
And sinful. 
Love tells me that I don't need to be perfect.
Love tells me that who I am in this moment is enough. 

I choose love. 
Over every question.
Every doubt.
Every insecurity.
Every sin.
Every struggle.

I choose love. Because love always wins. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment